Apprentice or youth trainee Council Tax discount
You may be able to get a discount on your Council Tax bill if someone living in your home is an apprentice or youth trainee.
Who can apply
To qualify as an apprentice you must be
- employed to learn a trade, business, profession, office role or vocation
- on a recognised course of training leading to an accredited qualification
- paid no more than £195 per week gross.
To qualify as a youth trainee you must be
- under 25 years old
- taking a relevant course under an individual training plan.
Amount of discount
We may offer
- 25% discount if you live with another adult
- 50% discount if you live alone.
This discount reduces your Council Tax, water and sewerage charges.
We regularly review our Council Tax discount requests. We may ask you to provide more information or evidence.