Tied accommodation

Tied or job related discount

You may be able to get a discount on your Council Tax bill if you live in tied accommodation. This is housing that you must live in as a condition of your job. 

You should complete our Tied / job related accommodation discount online application form to apply. 

You should send evidence of your tied accommodation to the address below quoting your web reference number.

Amount of discount

We may offer a 50% discount if

  • you are required to live in the housing as part of your job, but your main residence is elsewhere
  • you have left a property unoccupied because you must live elsewhere as part of your job.

This discount does not reduce your water and sewerage charges.

We regularly review our Council Tax discount requests.  We may ask you to provide more information or evidence.

Do you have any comments about this page?

Help us improve edinburgh.gov.uk

  • City of Edinburgh Council will only use this email address to respond to any issues raised.