Road occupation permits

  1. Apply for a road occupation permit (selected)
  2. Road occupation statutory notice periods

Apply for a road occupation permit

You will need a permit if you undertake any of the following activities in a public street

  • excavate in the road or pavement
  • create or alter a driveway or other access point
  • create a dropped kerb
  • erect scaffolding, access towers, hoarding, staging or place contractors plant
  • put up a tower crane
  • operate mobile cranes, hoists and cherry pickers.

If your work involves placing, maintaining adjusting or removing apparatus in or under a road or pavement you must contact us directly for this service.

Do you have any comments about this page?

Help us improve

  • The City of Edinburgh Council will only use this email address to respond to any issues raised.