Cycling groups and events
To plan your cycle, use our QuietRoutes maps.
You can also use a journey planning app CycleStreets to help you plan your journey using quieter roads.
Free services on offer
We promote events we are running or are aware of. Events often offer free bike safety checks and advice on
- choosing a quiet route from A to B
- buying and caring for your bike
- keeping your bike safe with Police Scotland.
Building your skills
You can also take part in an essential cycling course which costs £20 per person.
Join a cycling club
- Cycling Edinburgh offers organised rides
- Belles on Bikes organise regular cycle rides for women
- 20 milers are free monthly led rides
- MeetUp is also a great way to find new local groups.
- Hervelo is a women's cycling club for all types of cycling
- Edinburgh Road Club is one of the biggest cycling clubs in the UK for all types of cycling
- Edinburgh Family Rides offers monthly organised cycle rides using off-road paths
Sustrans run monthly clean up days of the paths.