Cycling groups and events
To plan your cycle, you can download maps below.
You can also use a journey planning app CycleStreets to help you plan your journey using quieter roads.
Free services on offer
We will promote events which we are running or events we are aware of. Events will often offer
- free bike safety checks
- advice on choosing a quiet route from A to B
- advice on buying and caring for your bike
- keeping your bike safe with Police Scotland.
Building your skills
Cycling Scotland have created a mobile app for Android and iOS users to help build your cycling skills.
You can also take part in an essential cycling course which costs £20 per person.
Join a cycling club
Regular cycles are planned and these are a great way to find new routes and meet new people.
Groups for less experienced cyclists
- Cycling Edinburgh offers organised rides
- Belles on Bikes organise regular cycle rides for women
- 20 milers are free monthly led rides
MeetUp is also a great way to find new local groups.
- Hervelo is a women’s cycling club for all types of cycling
- Edinburgh Road Club is one of the biggest cycling clubs in the UK for all types of cycling
Paths for Everyone
Paths on the QuietRoutes are a great way to see more of the city and to explore new areas. To help make the paths more pleasant for everyone please look out for each other. Find out more about Paths for Everyone.
Sustrans run monthly clean up days of the paths. Find out when the next volunteer event will be.