Apply for a residents' or priority parking permit
Find out which permit zone you live in by using our online permit zone map. This will help you apply for the right permit.
If you live within zones 1-8, N1-N5 and S1-S4 you can apply using the residents permit application pack downloadable below.
Please note a residents' parking permit does not guarantee the holder a parking place.
Blue Badge holders
Residents with Blue Badges within permit zones do not pay for their permit but they will still need to apply and display a valid permit when parking in a permit bay.
Priority parking permits
If you live in a priority parking area B1 to B9 you will need to apply using the priority parking permit application form downloadable below.
You can find your permit price if you know the area you live in and your vehicle's CO2 emissions or engine size for older vehicles.
What we need
You will need to prove you are the main driver of the vehicle and that you live at your address. You can provide photo copies of the following details
- your Council Tax number. If you have not registered for Council Tax please do so as soon as possible. If you are not liable for Council Tax we may be able to accept a lease or mortgage agreement
- proof of address either a lease, mortgage or Council Tax bill
- driving licence
- full vehicle registration certificate, V5C, showing you as the keeper. If you don't have this provide your insurance certificate. Once you have registered for Council Tax the document linking you to the vehicle does not have to show your current address.
Returning your application
Send your completed application form to or visit the customer hub at the address below (up to Friday 9 June 2017 only, after that you will have to attend the Drumbrae Hub).
The opening hours are
- Monday, Wednesday and Thursday, 8.30am to 4.30pm
- Tuesday, 9.30am to 4.30pm
- Friday, 8.30am to 3.40pm.
Please note that there may be times when you have to book an appointment due to demand.
Our busiest periods are between 11.30am and 2.30pm.
Cheques should be made payable to The City of Edinburgh Council.
Parking and Permit team change of address
From Monday 12 June 2017, the Permit and Parking team will be based at the
81 Drumbrae Drive
for four to six month due to the refurbishment of 249 High Street.
Opening hours will be
- Monday, Wednesday and Thursday from 8.30am - 4.30pm
- Tuesday from 9.30am - 4.30pm
- Friday from 8.30am - 3.40pm.