Help to leave hospital

Support after discharge

You can talk to ward staff about support or care that you will need when you leave hospital. They may ask a social worker to assess your needs. The social worker will work with you and your family or carers to help you leave hospital safely.

We can offer support to help you live at home, or to move to supported housing or care home. We can also offer advice about benefits. If you have recently left hospital and you need more support, contact Social Care Direct to ask for advice.

Do you have any comments about this page?

Help us improve

  • The City of Edinburgh Council will only use this email address to respond to any issues raised.