Nursery places for two year olds
Early learning and childcare for eligible twos
Some two year olds can get up to 600 hours of early learning and childcare in council-run nurseries during the school year. These are called eligible twos.
You may qualify if you get one or more of these benefits
- Income Support
- income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- income-based Employment
- Support Allowance Incapacity Benefit or Severe Disablement Allowance
- State Pension
- Child Tax Credits, but not Working Tax Credit, and your income is below £16,105
- both maximum Child Tax Credits and maximum Working Tax Credit and your income is below £6,420
- support under the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Universal Credits
or if your child is
- looked after by a local authority
- under a kinship care order
- living with a parent-appointed guardian.
When your child starts their funded nursery place depends on their date of birth.
- 1 January and 28 February 2016, they start in April 2018 for the summer term.
- 1 March and 31 August 2016, they start in August 2018 for the autumn term.
- 1 September and 31 December 2016, they start in January 2019 for the spring term.
See where we offer places for eligible twos.
Complete the application form and take it to your first choice to apply.