Nursery places for two year olds
Early learning and childcare for eligible twos
Some two year olds can get up to 600 hours of early learning and childcare in council-run nurseries during the school year. These are called eligible twos.
You may qualify if you get one or more of these benefits
- Income Support
- income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- income-based Employment Support Allowance, Incapacity Benefit or Severe Disablement Allowance
- State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credits, but not Working Tax Credit, and your income is £16,105 or less
- Child Tax Credits and Working Tax Credit with an annual household income of £7,320 or less
- support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Universal Credit where take home pay is £610 per month or less
or if your child is
- looked after by a local authority
- under a kinship care order
- living with a parent-appointed guardian.
When your child starts their funded nursery place depends on their date of birth.
- Autumn term: August – December 2019, children born between 1 March 2017 and 31 August 2017
- Spring term: January – March 2020, children born between 1 September 2017 and 31 December 2017
- Summer term: April- June 2020, children born between 1 January 2018 and 29 February 2018.
Download the application form (PDF) and take it to your first choice nursery to apply.