Apply for planning permission

Starting work

You may find you are required to complete a notification of initiation of development or a notification of completion of development.  If your application is national, major or a 'bad neighbour' development such as a public house, you must also display a sign whilst the work is ongoing.

You can download the notification forms below.

Other consents may also be required.

Do you have any comments about this page?

Help us improve

  • The City of Edinburgh Council will only use this email address to respond to any issues raised.