Modern Apprenticeship Programme
Earn while you learn
Modern Apprenticeships (MAs) are for people who have left school in the past three years. MAs offer paid employment, workplace training and learning to help you gain new skills and qualifications.
Who can apply
We want to hear from you if you
- live in Edinburgh
- left school in the last three years
- work well with others
- can provide excellent customer service
- have the ability to plan and make decisions
- can be responsible for your own study.
You should always have a good look at the application pack for the apprenticeship. It tells you all you need to know about
- the work you will be asked to do
- what the wages are
- the qualification itself
- where you will be based
- what skills, abilities and knowledge you need to have to apply for an apprenticeship.
We offer a range of MAs. Some are office based such as administration and customer services. Many are in front-line services such as social care, childcare, construction trades and horticulture.
MyJobScotland provide a list of current vacancies. You can set up job alerts.
As a MA employed by us you will be on a fixed contract. You will have the same terms and conditions as a member of staff. You will study for a modern apprenticeship at level 2 or 3.
Fixed term contracts are normally two years, however construction trades can be up to four years.