The Fountainbridge regeneration is a redevelopment of the former fountain brewery.
The redevelopment includes
- 436 new homes including 113 social homes
- 10,333 sqm (net) of office space
- new shops
- high quality public realm
- an extension to Boroughmuir High School.
Work so far
- The Council bought the site in 2012
- The new Boroughmuir High School opened in February 2018
- Masterplan with planning permission in principle for the rest of the site was agreed in 2016
- Detailed design approvals for W1-4, W3, W4
The Council is working on a strategy to develop the site. We expect enabling works to commence in 2019. The site is expected to be fully built-out by 2025.
The Masterplan is to be renewed in June 2019 as the Council commits to entering the procurement stage to deliver on its goals for regeneration of the site.
If you would like to find out more about the project and why we are renewing the Masterplan planning application, please come to our public drop in event on 17 June 2019 between 3pm and 7pm at Akva, 129 Fountainbridge EH3 9QG.