Council rent advice
Council house rents were increased by 2% for 2018/19.
The rent for your home pays for services such as repairs and will continue to deliver improvements to Council homes throughout the city. You are responsible for making sure the rent for your home is paid in full. If you experience difficulties paying your rent please seek early advice.
- advise you how to apply for housing benefit
- discuss the different ways you can pay rent
- put you in touch with money advice services
- advise you how to pay your arrears by affordable instalments
- discuss extra money you may be entitled to but are not claiming.
Ways to get advice
To get help with your debts speak to the Advice Shop on
0131 200 2360.
Read more about welfare reform and benefit changes.
If you have received a notice of proceedings or a court date because of rent arrears or debt problems contact your housing officer at your locality office for advice.
For advice and assistance contact Edinburgh Housing Advice Partnership on
You risk losing your home if you don't ask for help when behind with your council rent.