Register for a Council or Housing Association home


If you are looking for a Council or Housing Association home in Edinburgh, you will need to fill out an EdIndex application form. EdIndex is a partnership between the Council and 20 Housing Associations in Edinburgh. You only need to complete one form.

Change to EdIndex September 2017

From 1 October 2017, you will no longer be able to apply for housing from Bield Housing Association through the EdIndex application form.

For further infromation please visit KeytoChoice.

You can download the EdIndex form below, print and post or you can contact the EdIndex Team on

0131 529 5080

and they will send a form out to you.

You can also pick up a form at your local Council neighbourhood office or from any of the EdIndex landlords.

Once we have your form we will send you a letter with your unique EdIndex reference number and we will tell you what to do next.

View empty homes on Key To Choice

Do you have any comments about this page?

Help us improve

  • The City of Edinburgh Council will only use this email address to respond to any issues raised.