Convicted offenders reports

If you are convicted of an offence, the court may ask for a criminal justice social work report to be written. This helps the court to sentence you.

You will be contacted by a social worker and asked to attend an interview.

You will be asked about

  • previous offences
  • current circumstances
  • personal and social history
  • response to current or previous sentences.

At the end of the interview the social worker will tell you what sentences are available to the court.

If you are aged 16 or 17 years, your report will be written by the Young People's Service.

Do you have any comments about this page?

Help us improve

  • The City of Edinburgh Council will only use this email address to respond to any issues raised.