European Parliamentary Election
- European Parliamentary Election
- Notice of Election, Electoral Region of Scotland (selected)
- Notice of poll, election agents and situation of polling stations
- Applications for registration, postal and proxy voting
- School closures on polling day
Notice of Election, Electoral Region of Scotland
I, the Regional Returning Officer for the Electoral Region of Scotland give notice that an election is to be held for six (6) members of the European Parliament. If the election is contested the poll will be held on Thursday 23 May 2019 between 7am and 10pm.
Standing for election
Nomination papers may be obtained from the address below and during the time for delivery of the nomination papers. Delivery of all nomination papers including deposits and consents to nomination must be made in person to the following address and by the following date:
- Address to collect and deliver nomination papers - Election Office, City Chambers, High Street, Edinburgh EH1 1YJ
- First collection/delivery permitted - 10am, Tuesday 16 April 2019
- Collection/delivery permitted - between 10am and 4pm on any working day until the deadline given below
- Deadline for delivery of nomination papers - 4pm on Thursday 25 April 2019
The deposit for each registered political party or individual candidate (£5,000) may be paid by electronic bank transfer, building society cheque, cash or banker’s draft (banks operating in the UK or Gibraltar only) and by debit or credit card (with an additional transaction fee of £60 for credit cards).
Applications for registration, postal and proxy voting
Applications to be included on the register of electors or for postal or proxy votes must reach the relevant Electoral Registration Officer for the applicant and not to the address given above. Applications must reach the relevant Electoral Registration Officer by the dates given below. Please visit your vote matters for further details.
- receiving applications for registration - Tuesday 7 May 2019
- receiving new postal vote and postal proxy applications, and for changes to existing postal or proxy votes - 5pm on Wednesday 8 May 2019
- receiving new applications to vote by proxy (not postal proxy or emergency proxies) - 5pm on Wednesday 15 May 2019
- emergency proxy applications - 5pm on Thursday 23 May 2019.
c/o The Elections Office
City Chambers, High Street
Telephone: 0131 469 3126
Regional Returning Officer
15 April 2019