Electoral Ward 12 – Leith Walk
A by-election is to be held to elect one councillor for Electoral Ward 12 - Leith Walk.
If the election is contested, the poll will be held between 7am and 10pm on Thursday 11 April 2019.
Standing for election
Nomination papers may be delivered to the Returning Officer, to the following place and at the following dates and times
- Place to collect and deliver nomination papers - Election Office, City Chambers, High Street, Edinburgh EH1 1YJ
- First collection/delivery permitted - 10am, Friday 22 February 2019
- Collection/delivery permitted - between 10am and 4pm on any working day until the deadline given below
- Deadline for delivery of nomination papers - 4pm on Monday 11 March 2019
Applications for registration, postal and proxy voting
Applications to be included on the register of electors or for postal or proxy votes must reach the Electoral Registration Officer, 17a South Gyle Crescent, Edinburgh, EH12 9FL by the dates given below:
- Register to vote (https://www.gov.uk/register-to-vote) - Tuesday 26 March 2019
- New postal vote applications (including proxies applying to vote by post) - 5pm on Wednesday 27 March 2019
- To cancel or alter postal and proxy votes, or to change from postal to proxy voting - 5pm on Wednesday 27 March 2019
- New proxy vote applications - 5pm on Wednesday 3 April 2019
- To vote by proxy, after 5pm on Wednesday 3 April 2019, on the grounds of a medical emergency or where you learn you cannot go to the polling station because of work/service reasons - 5pm on Thursday 11 April 2019