Register to vote
Who can vote in an election
To vote in the Scottish Parliamentary Elections on 5 May 2016, you must
- be registered to vote in Scotland
- be 16 years of age or over on polling day
- be a British citizen, a qualifying Commonwealth citizen, or a citizen of another European Union country.
Register to vote on the GOV.UK website
If you can't use the form, you can register by calling the Electoral Registration Office.
0131 344 2500
You can register to vote even if you are homeless or living in a hostel. You must
- be aged 14 or over
- be a British citizen, Irish citizen, qualifying citizen of a Commonwealth country or a citizen of any other European Union (EU) country
- have no 'legal incapacity to vote'.
You may not be eligible to vote in every election. Find out more about voting in the UK on the GOV.UK website.