We must by law check a person's computer records between our different departments and with other public bodies to make sure the details tie up properly. This is called data matching.
The information can include
- Council Tax
- Student loans
- Electoral Register
- Insurance Claimants
- Housing Waiting Lists
- Trade creditors standing data
- Council Tax Reduction Scheme
- Personal Budgets direct payments
- Trade-creditors payment history data
- Private – supported care home patients
- Blue Badge –resident parking, Transport passes and permits.
National Fraud Initiative (NFI)
Data matching helps to correct mistakes and stop fraud. It is part of the National Fraud Initiative (NFI) led by Audit Scotland. It does not need the consent of the person under the Data Protection Act 1988.