We must by law check a person's computer records between our different departments and with other public bodies to make sure the details tie up properly. This is called data matching.
The information can include
- Housing Waiting Lists
- Blue Badge –resident parking, Transport passes and permits
- Private – supported care home patients
- Trade-creditors payment history data
- Trade creditors standing data
- Insurance Claimants
- Student loans
- Council Tax Reduction Scheme
- Council Tax
- Electoral Register
- Personal Budgets direct payments
National Fraud Initiative
Data matching helps to correct mistakes and stop fraud. It is part of the National Fraud Initiative (NFI) led by Audit Scotland. It does not need the consent of the person under the Data Protection Act 1988.
You can read more about the NFI on Audit Scotland's website.