Data collection and personal data categories
The personal information we hold about you may be collected on a paper or online form, by telephone, email, CCTV, by a member of our staff, or one of our partners. When we collect and process your personal information, we are committed to the principles set out in data protection legislation.
Data protection principles
- We only collect information that we need
- We keep your personal information secure
- We don't keep your information for longer than we need to
- We tell you why we need your information and what we will do with it
- We collect accurate information and, where necessary, keep it up to date
- We don't use your information for a different reason than the one we have told you about. The exception to this is if we have to do so by law e.g. to prevent and detect crime.
Personal data categories
We process personal data and special category data.
Personal data is information which can be used to identify you such as your
- date of birth
- a unique identifier, such as your National Insurance number.
Special category data is information that reveals
- racial or ethnic origin
- political opinions
- religious or philosophical beliefs
- trade-union membership
- data concerning health or sex life.