Committees and sub-committees
Committee membership and meeting dates
As well as the Full Council, we have a traditional committee system. There are six executive committees which make decisions on distinct areas of responsibility, these are
- Housing and Economy Committee
- Finance and Resources Committee
- Culture and Communities Committee
- Transport and Environment Committee
- Corporate Policy and Strategy Committee
- Education, Children and Families Committee.
There are a range of meetings that consider reports on specific areas. These include
- committees that deal with specific issues such as planning and licensing, including applications
- a scrutiny committee called Governance, Risk and Best Value, which scrutinises audit findings, policies and major projects, among other areas.