Customer care standards
What you can expect
Customer care is very important to us, and we work to the following standards.
by calling us
- answer the phone within five rings
- help you with your query on the spot if we can
- return your call within one working day if needed.
by emailing or writing to us
- ensure our response is clear and easy to understand
- translate information into large print or Braille if needed
- respond to you within 10 working days or tell you if we need longer.
by visiting us
- provide induction hearing loops
- give you information that meets your needs
- see you within five minutes of your appointment time
- have friendly public offices, with clean and tidy waiting areas and private rooms
- try to see you the same day if you do not have an appointment or offer one in the next five working days.
by making a complaint
- try to resolve it on the spot
- respond to you within five working days if we can't resolve it straight away
- review your complaint if you are not satisfied, and give you a final response within 20 working days.
If you wish to make a comment or complaint, please visit our complaints and comments page.