Customer care standards
What you can expect from us
Customer care is very important to us, and we work to the following standards.
If you call us we will
- answer the phone within five rings
- help you with your query on the spot if we can
- return your call within one working day if needed.
If you email or write to us we will
- respond to you within 10 working days or tell you if we need longer
- ensure our response is clear and easy to understand
- translate information into large print or Braille if needed.
If you visit us we will
- have friendly public offices, with clean and tidy waiting areas and private rooms
- provide induction hearing loops
- see you within five minutes of your appointment time
- try to see you the same day if you do not have an appointment or offer one in the next five working days
- give you information that meets your needs.
If you make a complaint
- we will try to resolve it on the spot
- respond to you within five working days if we can't resolve it straight away
- review your complaint if you are not satisfied, and give you a final response within 20 working days.
If you wish to make a comment or complaint, please visit our complaints and comments page.