Contaminated land surveys
Contamination analysis and advice
We can survey, analyse and provide recommendations on remedial treatment of contaminated land.
Contact us using the details below for a free, no-obligation quote, giving
- your name
- your contact details
- a brief description of your requirements.
Land intended for redevelopment is often contaminated from previous industrial activities or from disposal of industrial waste. The range of pollutants which may be present include
- toxic metals such as lead, cadmium, mercury, arsenic and chromium
- mineral hydrocarbon oils
- organic substances such as phenols, pesticides, PCBs, tars and PAHs.
- volatile organic hydrocarbons such as petrol, solvents, benzene, toluene, xylene and chlorinated solvents
- sulphate, chloride and sulphide
- land-fill gases such as methane, carbon dioxide and hydrogen sulphide.
Sampling of sites is undertaken by our trained staff to identify areas of pollution.
Analysis programmes are designed to meet clients' requirements, providing advice so that the programme is relevant to the past use of the site.
We assess the analytical results against recognised standards. Assessment reports are always issued to clients with interpretation of results and and make recommendations on suitable treatment.