Licences and permits applications
It can take up to a year to process a licence application. Normally your application will be processed quicker than that.
Applications during busy times, such as summer and winter festivals, are likely to take longer. City centre applications tend to take longer to process as more checks are involved.
When applying check whether your business may need planning permission.
Current average timescales
- taxi driver - 3 months
- street trader - 3 months
- market operator - 3 months
- late hours catering - 3 months
- second hand dealer - 4 months
- public entertainment - 2 months
- private hire car driver - 2 months
- House of Multiple Occupation (HMO) - 4 months
If we've taken longer than our average timescales to get back to you please contact us.