Licences and permits applications
In some cases it can take up to a year to process a licence application, but normally your licence application should be processed much quicker than that.
Before applying please bear in mind that applications during busy times, such as summer and winter festivals, are likely to take longer. City centre applications also tend to take longer to process as more checks are involved.
When applying check whether your business may need planning permission.
Current average timescales
- taxi driver - 3 months
- street trader - 3 months
- market operator - 3 months
- late hours catering - 3 months
- second hand dealer - 4 months
- public entertainment - 2 months
- private hire car driver - 2 months
- House of Multiple Occupation (HMO) - 4 months
If we've taken longer than our average timescales to get back to you please get in touch with us.