Other ways to pay Business rates
Ways to pay business rates
Use our free 24 hour payment line number and select option 4 for non-domestic / business rates.
0800 783 1719
Please have the following ready before you call
- your 10 digit non-domestic / business rates account number which can be found at the top right hand side of your bill
- your debit card details.
By postal order
To pay by postal order
- please make your postal order payable to the City of Edinburgh Council
- post it to: Income & Benefits, PO Box 59, Edinburgh, EH1 1UF
- clearly write your customer account number on the back of your postal order and the year your payment is for.
Please do not send us cash because it is not safe to do this.
At the Post Office
You can pay at any Post Office using
- debit card
- credit card
- payment card
- cheque made payable to 'Post Office Limited'.
You can find your nearest Post Office(external link) on the Post Office website.
You will need to provide your 10 digit non-domestic / business rates customer account number which can be found at the top right hand side of your bill.
At a PayPoint
You can use your payment card at any PayPoint outlet to pay your non-domestic / business rates. To get a payment card or a replacement payment card, please contact us.
You can pay cash at any PayPoint outlet in the country. To pay by this method, you will need a payment card.
- is issued separately to your non-domestic / business rates demand notice
- has your name and non-domestic / business rates account number printed on the front
- will last several years, so don't throw it away at the end of the financial year.
You can use a payment card to pay non-domestic / business rates at a Council office or Post Office and there is no limit to the amount you can pay. You can find your nearest PayPoint outlet(external link) on the allpay website.
You cannot use a payment card at a bank or building society.