You're hired! Apprenticeships in building standards
- Join our team and get a degree
- Benefits and how to apply (selected)
Benefits and how to apply
What you'll get working with us
The Council offers a very supportive working environment including:
- day-release for attending university and support designed to set you up for success
- a standard 36 hour working week
- up to six weeks paid leave (depending on length of time with the Council)
- Council pension with employer contributions
- health and well-being support, paid sickness absence, and other ‘family/dependant’ friendly policies
- season ticket, bike to work and other travel schemes.
What you need to have
If this sounds like a career opportunity for you, you need to show us that have:
- the ability and drive to complete the degree
- be at home with ICT and computer systens and
- the interpersonal skills to work with a team and deliver excellent customer service.
If a school leaver, you will be educated to higher level – ideally BBBBC.
If you are applying with work experience you will ideally have standard grade level qualifications with significant relevant work experience. However, all applicants will be assessed individually and we will work with Heriot-Watt University to assess the entry criteria based on your individual circumstances.
You need to be available to start the degree course in mid-September.
How to apply
Complete our online application form. Closing date is 3 September 2018.
If you would like an informal chat before you apply, please contact email@example.com, giving your telephone number and a day/time you would like us to call you back as well as telling us a little about yourself