Report possible fraud
Help us tackle fraud
All fraud is a crime and we need your help to find the people who are cheating the system. Anyone who commits fraud is stealing and the Council is determined to track down anyone committing fraud.
If you can't use the form please contact us via another method.
We are committed to providing high quality public services to you. So that we can do this, we need to protect ourselves and you from fraud and corruption.
We are doing this by
- raising awareness of fraud and corruption
- encouraging you to tell us about people you know who are cheating the system
- investigating fraud claims
- referring these claims onto the Police and / or Procurator Fiscal for prosecution
- recovering the claims
- monitoring and publishing our progress so that we can keep you up to date.
Avoiding a potential fraud
We have recently become aware that some companies have contacted our customers offering to pay their Council Tax or Business Rates accounts on their behalf, and claiming to offer a discount on sums owed. We do not offer any discounts for paying on time or in full.
These messages and offers can seem very convincing but they can be illegal and you should avoid them. If it seems too good to be true it probably is. If you think you have been a victim of a fraud, contact Consumer and Trading Standards. You can also ask for advice before handing over any money for a service.