Citizen's Account and Paperless Terms and Conditions
Once you have signed up to our Citizen's Account service
- you are responsible for keeping your password secret to prevent unauthorised viewing of your account. You can change your password at any time by logging in and going to the My Profile page.
- you are responsible for ensuring the security of any computers or devices which you use to access the service.
- we will send you an e-mail when a new document is available to view.
- you should contact us to change your paperless documents e-mail address. If you do not do this, you may not receive notifications of your new documents but will still be liable to make payments.
Copies of your documents are correct on the date they were published.
Payments must reach us by the date shown. Payments made through our online payment service will normally be credited to your account within 2 working days.
By opting-in to our paperless service
- you agree, where the law allows, to only receiving electronic notification that Council Tax, Non Domestic Rates, Council Tax Reduction and Housing Benefit documents are available to view online. From January 2016, this includes
- Council Tax bills
- Non domestic rates bills
- Council Tax Reduction notifications
- Housing Benefit notifications
- Landlord notifications for Housing Benefit
- you agree that we may link all your accounts to your Citizen’s Account login for you, if you have not linked them yourself. This means that if you opt-in to our paperless service with one of your claims or accounts, we may convert the rest of your accounts to paperless as well.
- you may still get paper copies of some documents. As of January 2016, this includes
- Council Tax Reminders (if you miss a payment)
- Council Tax Summary Warrants (if you miss payments and we take further action)
- Non Domestic Rates Reminders and Final Notices (if you miss a payment)
- Non Domestic Rates Summary Warrants (if you miss payments and we take further action)
- you agree, where the law allows, that we may improve the service and stop issuing paper copies of notices listed in section 3 and instead issue them electronically as described under section 1.
- you agree to accept our online Council Tax Reduction and Housing Benefit notifications as being in writing.
- you confirm that you have discussed and agreed this with all jointly liable parties named on your Council Tax or Non Domestic Rates account. This is because the paperless setting will apply to all jointly liable parties named on the account. All liable parties can create their own login for this service and view copies of documents for the account. Any party who is linked to the account using this service can also request to opt-in or opt-out. The most recent request will apply to all parties liable for the account.
If you have any questions, please contact us