Play your part feedback
Budget engagement feedback
Over the past five years, we have been asking residents and our partner organisations about what matters most
- which services we should be prioritising
- how we make things better for Edinburgh and its citizens
- how we can deliver services in different ways to make the best use of our resources.
You continue to tell us to protect education, care for older people, services for vulnerable children and adults, and culture. You have also told us you support a general increase in Council Tax to help protect essential local services.
At the end of 2017 we asked you to tell us how the changes we were proposing for 2018/19 would affect you and your community. You shared your views on our proposals on
- waste and recycling collection days
- parking charges
- Edinburgh Leisure funding
- garden waste collections
- advertising on Council assets
- the night noise team.
Many of you also told us you supported introducing a visitor tax to help pay for services in Edinburgh. We are working on a proposal for this which we will take to the Scottish Government.
Your feedback will be used by Councillors when they are making decisions on setting the Council's budget in February for 2018/19.
Watch a recording of Question Time event where members of the public asked a panel of Senior Councillors questions on the budget proposals.