Proposals - ensure economic vitality
Priorities and proposals
The Council spends about 3% of the budget on this area.
Our priorities are to
- reduce poverty and inequality
- maximise Edinburgh’s economic potential by investing in the city’s development and regeneration, support inward investment and businesses and help people into work or learning
- increase income from our venues and other services
- invest in Edinburgh’s cultural and sporting future.
The approved savings for 2016-2020 include
- reducing service payment to Festival City Theatre Trust
- reviewing funding arrangements for Winter Festivals.
- merging key functions to maximise income and improve the efficiency of current services
- developing a new open fund with partners and funded organisations to support emerging performing arts individuals and organisations.