What you can't bring to a Household Waste Recycling Centre
We can't accept any
- liquid paints - they must be dried out or have sand / litter added
- fuels: petrols and diesel
- explosives: fireworks, flares and airbags
- fire extinguishers
- diving bottles - for scuba diving
- asbestos or materials containing asbestos
- biological waste
- heavy metals: mercury, thermometers and barometers
- any commercial, trade and commercial waste.
We are currently unable to accept reuseable items such as furniture due to redevelopment works. Find out how to reuse household items.
Find out how to safely dispose these items on the Resource Efficient Scotland website.