Household waste recycling centre rules and access
- You must follow instructions given by staff for your safety.
- Children and animals must remain in your vehicle at all times.
- Only Edinburgh residents with their own household waste can use recycling centres.
- Commercial, trade or business waste is not allowed.
- You must observe speed limits and traffic flow signs. Reversing is not allowed.
- All waste must be sorted and deposited in the correct container.
- Only authorised contractors may remove materials.
The Council will prosecute anyone who threatens or assaults our staff.
What vehicles are allowed into recycling centres
- Only Edinburgh residents in domestic vehicles can use the recycling centres.
- No vans are allowed at Craigmillar.
- Liveried vans are not allowed at any centre. Vans with no branding are only allowed if you bring two forms of identification, such as your utility bill and your driving licence or passport.
- If you're using a hire van you must bring the hire documents and two forms of identification, such as your utility bill and your driving licence or passport.
- Staff can refuse access to anyone who fails to produce the correct documents.