Starting Work and Inspection of the work
Please let Building Standards know (on the forms that are sent with the Building Warrant as noted below):
- when you want to start work
- when you are ready to cover any exposed drains
- before starting work if you intend to use a Certifier of Construction to obtain a small refund of part of your Building Warrant fee.
Inspection of the work
Building Standards Surveyors may inspect the work while building work is in progress. You will be told if there are any problems with the work being done and you or your builder will be expected to put them right.
Forms sent with a Building Warrant
When you receive your Building Warrant you will be sent the following:
A Building Warrant document and a copy of the approved plans along with the following forms to send to Building Standards (see address above) when:
- you want to start work
- you want to cover drains
- a form to submit when the work is finished
- a form to submit if you intend to use a Certifier of Construction
- a form to submit if your proposals include the erection of protective works
If you require a further copy of any of the forms download a copy from here.
Please following the links below for additional information on the Building Warrant process.