Dementia and Alzheimers Support
We aim to increase choice and independence for people with dementia or memory problems, particularly by helping you to remain living at home. This help includes
- help in your own home such as washing, dressing or preparing meals.
- personal alarms and monitors that help someone stay safe.
- day services to help you get out, socialise or pursue interests.
- short breaks to give you and your carer respite.
- council tax exemption which may be available to people who are severely mentally impaired.
We can also assist people to choose a care home that provides residential or nursing care for people with a dementia.It is important that you see your GP if you have noticed a change, gradual or sudden, from what is normal for you. There are several types of dementia with different causes. Changes in memory can be due to reasons other than 'old age' or dementia. There might be treatment, information or advice that can help.
If you, or someone you know has dementia, ask Social Care for advice or to assess your needs.
If you are a carer for someone with dementia you may be interested in support and advice to help you in this role.