Reshaping Care for Older People
- Page 1 of 3
- Next page
The Scottish Government has established a Change Fund of £70m for 2011/12 to enable health and social care partners to implement local plans for making better use of their combined resources for older people's services.
Edinburgh's share of the £70m is £6.013m for 2011/12. Funding for Edinburgh will be used to enhance work that is already underway as part of 'Live Well in Later Life', the Joint Older People's Capacity Plan. The main focus of the fund will be:
- Improving outcomes for older people and their carers
- Supporting people in the community
- Building community capacity
- Preventing hospital admission
- Facilitating discharge from hospital
- Support for carers
- Training and development
- Cultural change to support the transformation.