Pay and display parking
- Page 1 of 7
- Next page
Where and when to pay for parking
You need to pay to park between 8.30am and 6.30pm, Monday to Saturday, in the West End, New Town, Old Town and on the Southside to the Meadows.
In areas further from the city centre the hours of control are 8.30am to 5.30pm, Monday to Friday. These times operate in Dean, Stockbridge, Newington and Bruntsfield areas. The same hours apply around Broughton, Inverleith, Comely Bank and Craigleith. Also to those areas in the south of the city Sciennes, Marchmont, Morningside, Merchiston and Dalry.
How to pay for parking
- Prices vary between £1.00 and £3.00 per hour to park in public parking places.
- Check the relevant machine or use RingGo to find the price per hour.
- From 1 January 2012 the smallest coin our ticket machines can accept is 20p.
- You can pay with cash or by using your mobile phone. You can find out more on how to pay with your mobile phone on our Cashless Parking pages. You can also register for RingGo on-line.
You can find parking bays (including disabled, motorcycle and bus) using our interactive parking map. The map will also provide details on the cost of parking in the area you select.
Basic guidance around 'pay and display' parking
- Please allow enough time to get back to your car before your parking time expires.
- If a pay and display machine is not working please park somewhere else or use RingGo.
- Don't return to the same block of bays within one hour of leaving.
- You can't buy more parking time, for the same space if you have reached the maximum parking time.
- If you can't pay for your parking with your mobile, please buy a voucher using coins.
- Always park within the bay markings. If your vehicle doesn't fit in a space, please park elsewhere.