FOI Disclosure Log
- Request no. 20321. Received: 03/09/2018
Information in regards to repairs carried out on 1 Largo Place and 47-53 Ferry Road
- Request no. 20322. Received: 03/09/2018
Discretionary early learning and childcare
Please provide copies of all plans and any other evidence of the council performing its statutory duty to consult with local parents about whether and how it makes discretionary early learning and childcare available
- Request no. 20323. Received: 03/09/2018
The vehicle registrations of all current hackney taxis licensed to operate in Edinburgh.
- Request no. 20324. Received: 03/09/2018
Councillors with Council Tax Arrears
The number of serving councillors with council tax arrears and how much they owe.
- Request no. 20325. Received: 03/09/2018
Highways licensing and permits policy
Please list all the highways licences and permits that City of Edinburgh Council issue e.g. Skips, scaffolding, road closures, A-boards, street cafés etc.
- Request no. 20326. Received: 04/09/2018
Could you please provide information on the total number of Primary Teachers that are employed with the council and a breakdown of full-time, part-time and supply within this.
- Request no. 20333. Received: 03/09/2018
List of Council Housing Addresses
Please supply a list (spreadsheet or similar is fine) of all council housing under your remit. Please also supply a list of ex-council housing (ie properties bought out under right-to-buy etc).
- Request no. 20334. Received: 03/09/2018
Use of risk assessment methods in managing ASB
What risk assessment methodology do you use for assessing the risk of anti-social behaviour? Is this used for all incidents? How many community triggers have taken place each year in 2015-2016 and 2016-2017?
- Request no. 20335. Received: 03/09/2018
Number of active street traders
The current number of street traders you have approved and licensed to operate in your area.
- Request no. 20342. Received: 04/09/2018
- Request no. 20343. Received: 04/09/2018
Strachan House Care Home, 93, Craigcook Road, Edinburgh, EH4 3PE
Contaminated Land Search Request
- Request no. 20344. Received: 04/09/2018
Cadenhead's Whisky Shop
Full details regarding inspection on 31 August 2018.
- Request no. 20345. Received: 04/09/2018
Full list of every business/company/charity that have become responsible for business rates Between the dates 15/08/2018-31/08/2018
- Request no. 20346. Received: 05/09/2018
Scottish Government’s Named Person Policy
The number of Named Person training days which took place for practitioners in your local authority area between the years 2012 and 2015. The number of teachers involved in said training days.
- Request no. 20347. Received: 05/09/2018
Inglis Green Road
Policy procedure for inspection, maintenance and repair. Records of inspection for the relevant stretch of footway 24 months prior to the accident. Maintenance records including records of independent contractors
- Request no. 20348. Received: 05/09/2018
Has your council introduced any new policies, or has it issued any form of advice, on releasing staff for SQA duties in the last three years? Does your local authority have any policies, or has it issued any form of advice
- Request no. 20351. Received: 05/09/2018
Please provide the number of incidents of violence or aggression from pupils which have occurred against school support staff, particularly classroom and pupil support assistants, in the local authority area in 2017/18
- Request no. 20354. Received: 05/09/2018
Building (Scotland) Act 2003 (Charging Orders) Regulations 2014
If the local authority has ever issued a Charging Order as per Building (Scotland) Act 2003 (Charging Orders) Regulations 2014?
- Request no. 20355. Received: 05/09/2018
How many times in each of the following years has the local authority undertaken emergency repairs on residential properties 2012-2018
- Request no. 20359. Received: 05/09/2018
Do you provide language support in any specific languages (we will be looking to provide some core information in the top dozen or so languages used in Scotland)?
- Request no. 20362. Received: 06/09/2018
Bridge Maintenance (2017/18)
How many road bridges are you responsible for maintaining? For the last financial year (2017/18) how many Principal Inspections have taken place How many General Inspections have taken place?
- Request no. 20363. Received: 06/09/2018, Resolved: 11/09/2018
There are no City of Edinburgh Council public space cameras near the locus of the incident therefore no relevant CCTV data is stored on our system regarding your request.
- Request no. 20368. Received: 06/09/2018
Can you tell me who is in charge of the Link PSL contract?
- Request no. 20369. Received: 06/09/2018
Information on those who would have been care leavers, 25 and under and still classified as care leavers 2017
- Request no. 20370. Received: 06/09/2018
Agency Social Workers
Current percentage of social workers who are employed via a recruitment agency in children’s services and adult services, along with the raw figures (total number of social workers and total number who are agency social workers).
- Request no. 20374. Received: 05/09/2018
George Square Road/Pathway
All maintenance and full service report of the above described location All complaints made regarding the pathway
- Request no. 20381. Received: 05/09/2018
Any information, you may have regarding underground or aboveground fuel storage tanks
- Request no. 20382. Received: 05/09/2018
Contaminated land search - Hawkhill Avenue
Details of any former uses of the site or the immediate surrounding land which may have resulted in contamination of the site
- Request no. 20383. Received: 05/09/2018
Dalry Road / Clifton Terrace
Information relating to the tram tracks north east bound on Dalry Road / Clifton Terrace, Edinburgh from May 2014 to date.
- Request no. 20387. Received: 06/09/2018
Common Good Fund Asset Register
Please provide the date or dates these assets were placed on the Common Good Fund Asset Register, and, Please also provide complete documentary evidence of the full process and decision making
- Request no. 20388. Received: 07/09/2018
How many employees are working in the council? What is your annual IT budget? What is your annual Intranet budget?
- Request no. 20389. Received: 05/09/2018
Can you tell me how many people with learning disabilities you currently look after/have legal responsibility for and are living in care homes?
- Request no. 20390. Received: 06/09/2018
How much does Edinburgh council pay per child per meal to each of your Partner Provider nurseries?
- Request no. 20391. Received: 06/09/2018
Scottish Vacant and Derelict Land Survey
Could I please have data from the latest Scottish Vacant and Derelict Land Survey for Edinburgh in GIS shapefile format? The link below shows pdf maps of the 2015 data for Edinburgh
- Request no. 20392. Received: 06/09/2018
Please provide a full description of the review process indicated in a number of City of Edinburgh Council public documents. Please advise on how this process is executed in a formal planning process where CEC asset disposal(s) are involved
- Request no. 20393. Received: 07/09/2018
Hours per week provided by external homecare providers. Hours per week delivered by on and off contract providers
- Request no. 20394. Received: 07/09/2018
Annual salary of Council Employees
The average, annual salary of council employees (£) during 2017-18. The above expressed as a Full-Time Equivalent. The average, annual employer’s/council’s contribution (£) per employee to the Lothian Pension Fund.
- Request no. 20395. Received: 07/09/2018
Please provide a copy of the ‘detailed proposals for the refurbishment of Central Library….by a joint project team from Services for Communities and City Development
- Request no. 20396. Received: 07/09/2018
Please provide a copy of 1) the full condition survey, and subsequent analysis, for the Central Library (George Washington Browne and Henderson [Bank] buildings) carried out in accordance with Scottish Government’s Core Facts Methodology
- Request no. 20397. Received: 10/09/2018
Magdala Crescent and Eglinton Crescent
Details of any maintenance of the road surface over the last 5 years Details or log of any inspections to the road surface including details of how each inspection, if any, was carried out
- Request no. 20398. Received: 10/09/2018
Cut back at the junction of Gogarstone and Glasgow Roads
Please provide all internal & external correspondence (including emails & social media) relating to requests for foliage to be cut back at the junction of Gogarstone and Glasgow Roads since 1st Jan 2017.
- Request no. 20399. Received: 10/09/2018
Residential Planning Permissions
How many applications for planning permission did you receive for construction of a new external building at a property for residential purposes in the following timeframes? - 2015/16 - 2016/17 - 2017/18
- Request no. 20400. Received: 10/09/2018
Smart Technology Litter Bins
How many public litter/waste bins do the council own? To make the distinction clear this is public litter/waste bins and not residential bins. Are the council responsible for emptying the bins or is this contracted to an external organization?
- Request no. 20401. Received: 10/09/2018
Male and Female Staff
The total number of staff, total number of male and female staff? I would like to know the total number of hours of casual overtime worked, then this split in to what was worked by male and female staff?
- Request no. 20402. Received: 10/09/2018
The names of the staff in the following roles, including email address and the address that they are located
- Request no. 20403. Received: 10/09/2018
A list of 'commuted sums' paid into Edinburgh Council by developers/landowners since 2013 The total amount of money generated in 'commuted sums' in the 2013-2018 period
- Request no. 20404. Received: 10/09/2018
How many children the council is aware of that are currently being home-schooled on either a full-time or part-time basis
- Request no. 20409. Received: 05/09/2018
Information received regarding kinship childrens funding
- Request no. 20410. Received: 07/09/2018
School Refuser and Home-School Statistics
How many children in your authority are currently home-schooled? If possible please break down into primary and secondary. How many children in your authority are currently classed as school refusers?
- Request no. 20411. Received: 07/09/2018
Road Maintenance Policy
Does your local authority use a risk based approach to the repair of highway defects such as potholes? If yes to Q1, when did you switch to a risk based approach? If no to Q1, what approach do you use?
- Request no. 20415. Received: 10/09/2018
Social Work Structure
The name, contact number and office address details for each social work team and department within City of Edinburgh Council broken down by Adult Services, Children and Families Services, and Criminal Justice.
- Request no. 20416. Received: 10/09/2018
Direct Labour Organisation - Stores (Housing)
Questionnaire on how the council operates its Direct Labour Organisation (DLO) stores
- Request no. 20417. Received: 10/09/2018, Resolved: 18/09/2018
Edinburgh Fort Kinnaird
The City of Edinburgh Council has no public space CCTV cameras with coverage of the area described and consequently we hold no data relating to the incident.
- Request no. 20418. Received: 10/09/2018
Does the council pay to advertise with Facebook? If so, please provide a breakdown of the types of adverts and associated costs for years 2017/18, 2016/17, 2015/16 and 2014/15.
- Request no. 20420. Received: 10/09/2018
Prince Regent Street
Any documentation reporting the accident Records of complaints or reporting of defects at the accident locus Any other documentation regarding investigations carried out
- Request no. 20421. Received: 11/09/2018
Road Adoption Plan
Lochrin Place / Gilmore Place Lane, Edinburgh (MID122435)
- Request no. 20424. Received: 11/09/2018
All information from Environmental Health department
- Request no. 20425. Received: 11/09/2018
RIDDOR Report. Any documents relating to the reporting of or responding to the incident. Any reports or documents relating to similar accidents at HSBC for the last 12 months.
- Request no. 20426. Received: 11/09/2018
Planning Application Ref No 13/02024/AMC.
I wish to see a copy of the objection correspondence you received regarding our Planning Application Ref No 13/02024/AMC.
- Request no. 20428. Received: 11/09/2018
Communal Bins at Greenside Row
When should green cycle communal bins at Greenside Row be emptied? Are they contracted out or emptied by council employees? Please advise me from records when green cycle bin collections were made in the last six months at Greenside Row
- Request no. 20429. Received: 11/09/2018
What is the number and percentage of a) men and b) women currently employed in your local authority who work under zero-hours contracts between April 2011 to April 2018. Please break down the information by year.
- Request no. 20430. Received: 11/09/2018
Software Licence Reviews
Can you also please let me know which company asked for the review and when?
- Request no. 20431. Received: 12/09/2018
1A MARKET STREET, EDINBURGH CURRENTLY TRADING AS BREWHEMIA
All applications and all supporting documents for:- i) Advert Consents; ii) Conservation Area Consents; iii) Listed Building Consents; and iv) Planning Permissions.
- Request no. 20434. Received: 11/09/2018
Can I ask how much money your local authority had set aside for total pay for the financial year 2018/19 when your budget was set?
- Request no. 20435. Received: 11/09/2018
Damage to 47 Craiglockhart Road
Copies of all reports/email communications and/or telephone notes in relation to the trees situated outside of 47 Craiglockhart Road, Edinburgh, EH14 1HH between 1st January 2010 – 31 August 2018.
- Request no. 20438. Received: 12/09/2018
Business rates collection
The value of business rates (national non-domestic rates) written off by the authority in the financial year 2013-18.
- Request no. 20439. Received: 12/09/2018, Resolved: 21/09/2018
16-22 Royal Terrace, Edinburgh EH7 5AQ
Please can you provide a Road Adoption Plan in colour confirming the extent of adoption of 16-22 Royal Terrace, Edinburgh EH7 5AQ.
- Request no. 20440. Received: 12/09/2018
School Structures 2017/18
The number of incidents at schools in 2017 and 2018, broken down for each year, involving either the collapse or partial collapse of a wall or structure, or a child or teacher being struck by a falling object.
- Request no. 20441. Received: 13/09/2018
Details of any school teachers who operate as named persons for more than 50 children, including the number of such teachers and the schools they are teaching at.
- Request no. 20442. Received: 12/09/2018
P1 Assessments 2018
The number of parents contacting the local authority to opt their child out of P1 assessments in 2018.
- Request no. 20443. Received: 13/09/2018
Building Preservation Notices
A register confirming all commercial properties that have been subject to a Building Preservation Notice (in accordance to Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990) for the past 10 years.
- Request no. 20446. Received: 13/09/2018
Bollards on Royal Mile - Trip accidents
i) Whether the risk of trip incidents was assessed before the bollards were installed
- Request no. 20450. Received: 13/09/2018
Council's new School lets policy
I would like to obtain any legal advice or other professional advice obtained by Edinburgh Council in relation to their new School lets policy.
- Request no. 20452. Received: 14/09/2018
Meetings between SEPA and Council Staff
Please provide agendas, notes and documents from meetings between SEPA and CEC staff, relating to 17/01183/FUL directly or indirectly.
- Request no. 20453. Received: 14/09/2018
Statutory pre-school funded childcare entitlement
1a What percentage of eligible two year olds in the local authority accessed their statutory pre-school funded childcare?
- Request no. 20454. Received: 14/09/2018
Comments on the City of Edinburgh Council website
I understand the desire to encompass different schemes under the one banner, but why remove the forwarding of email@example.com?
- Request no. 20455. Received: 14/09/2018
Road inspection and Repair
All road inspection and repaiir details for the last 3 years for roads: -- Lothian Road / A700 -- Bankhead Drive -- Western Approach road -- South Gyle Access
- Request no. 20456. Received: 14/09/2018
1a Number of probationer teachers starting in August
- Request no. 20457. Received: 12/09/2018
Port Edgar Yacht Club, South Queensferry
Any historic GI that the council may hold. We will also be looking for any historic land uses, that may have resulted in contamination.
- Request no. 20465. Received: 14/09/2018
Road Safety Audit Report - Princes Street
Request for copies of the Road Safety Audit Reports and written responses
- Request no. 20468. Received: 14/09/2018
Block Residents' Repair Recharges
I would like to know what the CEC has charged blocks of residents for work done by contractors.
- Request no. 20469. Received: 14/09/2018
85 and 95 Southhouse Broadway - Length of time vacant
How long have the properties 85 and 95 Southhouse Broadway been vacant?
- Request no. 20470. Received: 17/09/2018
Parking enforcement questions
Request for copy of various documents
- Request no. 20471. Received: 17/09/2018
Roofworks on 72 Redhall Crescent, EH14 2HD - Copies of correspondenc
Could I please request copies of all correspondence between CEC & IKO regarding roof works on 72 Redhall Crescent, EH14 2HD, from Jan 18 to date.
- Request no. 20472. Received: 17/09/2018, Resolved: 18/09/2018
License Board meetings - SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY
To request details of how many License Board meetings have been conveyed by:- 1. Mr N Work 2. Mr G Barrie
The information you seek is held by the Licensing Board who can be contacted at The Licensing Board, 249 High Street, Edinburgh, EH1 1YJ.
- Request no. 20473. Received: 17/09/2018
Council Salaries and Roles
Information on the total salary for each of the following per annum:- A Environment - 18/5/2014 to 27/7/2015. 1. Total salary per annum
- Request no. 20474. Received: 17/09/2018
Scottish Public Pensions Agency circular
What action did CEC take to inform such members of the changes affecting LR member/employees and when?
- Request no. 20475. Received: 17/09/2018
I wish to see the details of any complaints made about property in Cluny Gardens and any reports on the property for the last year to date.
- Request no. 20477. Received: 17/09/2018
Princess Street - INSPECTION RECORDS
Provision of inspection records for Princess Street for 1 year prior to 12/8/18
- Request no. 20479. Received: 17/09/2018
Northfield Drive - Consultation Results Report
Confirmation of date the report was produced plus other related information.
- Request no. 20480. Received: 17/09/2018
LOON FUNG - 2 Warriston Edinburgh
I would like to know through the Freedom of Information Act, what food hygiene issues this premises have
- Request no. 20481. Received: 18/09/2018
Warrender Park Crescent
Report regarding HMO
- Request no. 20483. Received: 17/09/2018, Resolved: 20/09/2018
CCTV - Charlotte Square
At no point during the period checked was any CEC Public Space camera directed towards the locus and consequently I am afraid that we are unable to provide any material relating to this incident.
- Request no. 20484. Received: 17/09/2018
Ladywell House, Ladywell Road, EH12 7TB
We would be grateful to know if the site has been prioritised for further investigation under the Council’s Contaminated Land Strategy
- Request no. 20485. Received: 17/09/2018
Bus Lane violations at Little France Drive, Edinburgh
Since the establishment of the bus lane can you confirm the number of violations that have occurred to date of this enquiry. Can these please be set out in a year by year format?
- Request no. 20486. Received: 17/09/2018
Gordon Street Grassed Area
Records of all repair requests for 13 Gordon Street received out for the 6 months prior to the accident.
- Request no. 20489. Received: 18/09/2018
Quantity, type & speed of traffic in specified streets
FoDG are concerned in particular about the quantity, type and speed of the traffic within our area as specified further below, and its effects upon safety air and noise pollution.
- Request no. 20490. Received: 19/09/2018
Additional Support for Learning Information
The number of Pupil Support Assistants within mainstream primary schools - over the last 5 years (broken down by year)
- Request no. 20491. Received: 17/09/2018
Meadowbank Sports Centre
Could you please provide details on the Meadowbank Sports Center - all facilities with capacities as of 2017 before the centre was closed
- Request no. 20492. Received: 17/09/2018
Disabled Bay Removals
How many disabled bays have the council taken away when the qualifying householder for whom the bay was installed moved out of the house in the last 5 years.
- Request no. 20493. Received: 18/09/2018
New Road Crossings
How many new road crossings have been built using a PV value of 0.3876 or less?
- Request no. 20497. Received: 18/09/2018
Operation London Bridge
Reports or briefings on 'Operation London Bridge' prepared for the Chief Executive from 2017 and 2018
- Request no. 20499. Received: 18/09/2018
Funding for schools in Edinburgh
I would like to receive details of funding given to all schools in the Edinburgh council area from parent fundraising activities and from parent council fundraising activities.
- Request no. 20500. Received: 18/09/2018
Social housing and Commercial hotel developments
1. Please provide details on how many units of social housing your local authority have started construction on in a) 2017/18, b) 2016/17, c) 2015/16
- Request no. 20501. Received: 18/09/2018
Edinburgh Lamborghini, EH15 3HR
Details of underground services/utilities
- Request no. 20508. Received: 18/09/2018, Resolved: 21/09/2018
Accident on 20/07/18 - RIDDOR report
RIDDOR report - Any documentation reporting the accident - Documentation detailing the responding to the accident - Any accidents reported by the employer in the last 12 months
Information not held
- Request no. 20509. Received: 18/09/2018
Data protection rules
If a Sherrifs officer comes to my office and asks me to confirm the occupant at a certain address , for council tax arrears . Am I obliged to give him that info or am I in breach of data protection laws .
- Request no. 20511. Received: 18/09/2018
Full and up to date list of companies/businesses/charities that have become responsible for business rates between 1st-15th Sept 18
- Request no. 20512. Received: 18/09/2018
Is the council currently implementing the Scottish Government’s Named Persons policy, and if so, to what extent? For instance, are children currently assigned a Named Person? Are Named Persons currently receiving training?
- Request no. 20513. Received: 18/09/2018
Teaching Post Advertising Costs
The amount spent on advertising teaching posts on job sites in each of the last three years.
- Request no. 20514. Received: 18/09/2018
School lunch food from abroad
The number of schools purchasing school lunch food from abroad (outside of the UK),
- Request no. 20515. Received: 18/09/2018
The number of headteachers who are headteachers at more than 1 school concurrently.
- Request no. 20517. Received: 18/09/2018
The total amount spent on supply teachers for primary and secondary schools in each of the last three years.
- Request no. 20519. Received: 19/09/2018
The total number of hours of social care that went unmet the week beginning 10 September 2018 (i.e. hours that had been approved but went unmet between 10 and 16 September).
- Request no. 20522. Received: 20/09/2018
Higher Award Achievements
The percentage of pupils at each school who receive: 1 Higher Award grade A-C, 3 Higher Award grades A-C, 5 Higher Award grades A-C.
- Request no. 20523. Received: 20/09/2018
FOI National 5
The percentage of pupils at each school who receive: 1 National 5 awards grade A-C, 3 National 5 awards grades A-C, 5 National 5 awards grades A-C.
- Request no. 20524. Received: 20/09/2018
The number of permanent teacher vacancies in primary and secondary schools on 20 September 2018, broken down by vacancies at primary and vacancies at secondary level.
- Request no. 20525. Received: 20/09/2018
Inspection Records - Portobello
Type of inspection carried out on 15 March 2018 and 21 April 2017 in respect of a pavement at the end of Kings Place and the bottom of Kings Road in Portobello
- Request no. 20526. Received: 19/09/2018
Midmar Drive, Edinburgh EH10.
1. Frequency of inspection of the road at Midmar Drive, Edinburgh EH10.
- Request no. 20527. Received: 19/09/2018
Licensed Private Hire Operators
List of Licensed Private Hire Operators in and around Edinburgh
- Request no. 20528. Received: 19/09/2018
Flyposting, graffiti & litter - REMOVAL OF
What actions have been taken by environmental wardens and other council staff over flyposting in the City this year?
- Request no. 20529. Received: 19/09/2018
Isolation Booths in Schools
The number of schools within the authority which use isolation or consequence booths (also sometimes known as 'matrix room' booths).
- Request no. 20530. Received: 19/09/2018
I'm writing to you to request cctv footage of an accident I was in on the 18th of Sept 2018.
- Request no. 20532. Received: 20/09/2018
Elderly Care in Urban Communities
Reports and statistics for the past ten years on Services for Older People and the partnership between the Council and the Private/Voluntary Sector.
- Request no. 20534. Received: 20/09/2018
School placing requests
How many school placing requests (both primary and secondary) were received by The City of Edinburgh Council in each of the last 10 years?
- Request no. 20538. Received: 20/09/2018
The exact gritting materials that The City of Edinburgh Council use to grit roads, pavements and car parks.
- Request no. 20539. Received: 20/09/2018
2015 Planning Enquiry
My concerns surrounding the on-going disturbances are related to the 2015 planning enquiry. What information do you hold on that as it is ALL related to harassment by venue.
- Request no. 20540. Received: 21/09/2018
James Gillespie's Primary School Roofing Works
Whether risk assessments have been carried out on these works.
- Request no. 20549. Received: 24/09/2018
1. How much has been spent on external consultants or support to advise on the implications and consequences of brexit
- Request no. 20550. Received: 21/09/2018
Waste sights under Council control
I would like to know which waste sites under Edinburgh City Council control need to have a Waste Activity manager
- Request no. 20551. Received: 21/09/2018
Total spending upon additional staff & equipment
In the academic year 2017/18, what was the total spending by schools in the local authority to (a) employ additional staff
- Request no. 20552. Received: 24/09/2018
Holiday apartments in Edinburgh
How many holiday apartments in Edinburgh have been served planning notices to cease trading?
- Request no. 20554. Received: 24/09/2018
Arboretum Place -PV VALUE CHECK
- Request no. 20555. Received: 24/09/2018
Price and sufficiency of older people’s care
(i) Please provide the average and maximum prices of LA-funded places and the average prices of self-funded places for older people.
- Request no. 20556. Received: 24/09/2018
Data statistics about flytipping & other issues
Flytipping reports for Water of Leith walkway at Juniper green from 2000- 2015