Ask for help or complain about education

If you need advice or wish to complain about one of our services, please contact the school, community centre or service directly in the first instance.

You can also contact the Education Advice and Complaints Service using the details below.


Write to or email us if your complaint has not been resolved locally to your satisfaction. We will acknowledge your complaint and an Investigating Officer will contact you.

Following an investigation we will send you a letter to tell you

  • the conclusions drawn
  • any action taken or proposed
  • any further action you may take
  • the outcome of the investigation
  • the reasons behind the conclusions.

We learn from complaints and take action to adjust services.

Download our complaints procedure (PDF, 1.5 MB)
Download the policy on managing customer contact in a fair way (PDF, 209 KB)

Do you have any comments about this page?

Help us improve

  • The City of Edinburgh Council will only use this email address to respond to any issues raised.