Parks and gardens - Morgan Playing Fields

Name Morgan Playing Fields
Address Kings Meadows
Postcode EH16 5UT
Telephone 0131 529 5151
Email southeast.locality@edinburgh.gov.uk
Facilities FootballBike racks
Seating
Car park
Background These former university playing fields were sold off in the 90’s to housing developers but were never built on and became very rundown and overgrown. They were then returned to council ownership around 2005 and works to reinstate the former pitches, including a small car park, was completed in August 2006. The playing fields have been used for a variety of sports including baseball, football, shinty & Gaelic football. The park is also used by the local Prestonfield Primary School for football and is also popular with local residents as a green open park area.
History and heritage The park is named after Alexander Morgan who was Principal of the Church of Scotland training college in 1907.
Visitor information Lothian Buses: 2, 14, 21, 29, 30, 42, N30
Book sports facilities sportspitch@edinburghleisure.co.uk
Organise an event Find out how to organise an event in Edinburgh's parks
Location map