- Contact us
To comment on a planning application, please read guidance on how to view and comment on planning applications.
To make a suggestion, compliment or complaint about any other service complete the online comment form.
On the phone
To call a service directly you can find the relevant phone number using our services A-Z or phone our switchboard on 0131 200 2000.
Our standard opening hours are Mon - Thurs 8.30am - 5pm and Friday 8.30am - 3.40pm, but see below for variations.
Frequently used service numbers
- Council house repairs (Mon-Fri 8am-8pm)
0131 200 2345, email: Repairs Direct
- Council tax information (Mon, Weds, Thurs 8.30am- 5pm; Tues 10am-5pm; Fri 08.30am-3.40pm)
0131 469 5000, email: Revenues and Benefits
- Library services (Mon-Thurs 10am-8pm; Fri 10am-5pm; Sat 9am-1pm)
0131 242 8000, email: Edinburgh Libraries
- Road, footpath and street lighting problems (Mon-Fri 8am-8pm)
0800 23 23 23, email: Clarence
- Rubbish, wheelie bins, bulky uplifts, recycling enquiries, animal health, noise issues, problems with trees or parks (Mon-Fri 8am-8pm)
0131 529 3030, email: Bulky uplifts, Waste Services
- Social Care Direct - adults (Mon-Thurs 8.30am-5pm, Fri 8.30am-3.40pm)
0131 200 2324, email: Social Care Direct
- Social Care Direct - children and families (Mon-Thurs 8.30am-5pm, Fri 8.30am-3.40pm)
0131 200 2327, email: Social Care Direct Children and Families
Out of hours and public holidays
If you are calling us outside our standard office hours please use these:
- Emergency social work service
0800 731 6969 (Freephone)
(From outside the UK: 00441315538286)
- All other emergencies
0131 200 2000
4 East Market Street
View these offices on our location map.
Use our online directory of Neighbourhood Offices, to find details of your local office.
Text Relay service for deaf and hard of hearing
Customers with hearing difficulties can contact us via Text Relay by dialing 18001 + the required telephone number listed above. For more information see Text Relay.