Budding Sofia Coppolas and Steven Spielbergs will have the chance to hone their film-making skills while promoting road safety thanks to a new competition for Edinburgh primary schools.
Motorists using the A90 are being advised to allow extra time for their journeys this weekend while Burnshot Bridge is being demolished.
Further improvements have been made to the proposed designs for Picardy Place ahead of a series of public engagement events.
Stimulating artistic and cultural events across the length and breadth of the Capital is the drive behind a new £60,000 City of Edinburgh Council fund.
This autumn, the City Art Centre explores the fine line between art and craft with a special showcase from four contemporary Scottish artists.
Council news blog
- The lawless minority will not be tolerated
- Britain's best swimmers to descend on the Commie
- Edinburgh and South Queensferry pupils get a lesson with fibre broadband
- Views sought on Edinburgh's Statement of Licensing Policy
- Travel advice for rugby fans heading to watch the Autumn Tests at Murrayfield