A to Z of services

Our most popular services

View as a List or a Cloud.

Vehicles - abandoned Under 5s - activities and events Older people's activities Adaptations to your home Drugs - advice and support Adoption Weekend courses Childcare Information Service Air quality testing Edinburgh allotment strategy Care providers Enforcement orders Antisocial behaviour Apply for permit Apply for planning permission Edinburgh City Archives Area development frameworks Arts development Asbestos monitoring Audiobooks Bail information Bail supervision Scottish Local Government Benchmarking project Benefit fraud Welfare benefits and money advice Work benefits of working for the Council Household rubbish, garden and food bin collection Waste recycling Edinburgh Biodiversity Action Plan Blue badges Smoke from bonfires Bookbug Borrow books, films and music from the library Glass recycling Development control Bullying policy Cemeteries Bus lane notice NEC card Edinburgh bus station Help for business owners Trading Standards advice for businesses Business finance Business Gateway Loans for new small businesses Land and property - area search service Rates Business rates - pay by direct debit Busking Capital Collections Parking enforcement Car parks Needs assessment Support at home Residential care homes Care leaver discount and exemption Careers with the Council Carers School catchment areas Population of Edinburgh Chief Executive Child protection Childcare Childminding City Chambers bookings Civil ceremonies Civil partnerships School clothing grants Coat of Arms Code of conduct (councillors) Third Sector Concessionary Lets consultation Trade waste Media and communications Telecare Community centres Community councils Edinburgh Partnership Community safety Community service orders Feedback Composting Concessionary travel Conference, meeting and event venues Listed buildings Conservation areas - advice to residents Consultations (Council) Consumer advice Consumer education Cooperative Capital Council boundaries Stair lighting repairs Council housing and housing associations exchanges Vacancies Council minutes, agendas and reports Performance Indicators News releases Council spending plans Council strategies and plans Council tax Council Tax bands and charges Council Tax change of address Council Tax discounts and exemptions Council Tax online payment by debit or credit card Council Tax payment Council Tax payment by direct debit Council Tax reduction Tenants Find my councillor Creches Cremation Criminal justice Criminal Justice Social Work Reports Cycle lanes and routes Day services and centres Roadkill Debt advice Support for people with dementia and Alzheimer's Permission to hold an event/march/parade Deputations Social work - direct payments Disability Support for children with additional needs Disabled parking Disabled Persons Railcard Disclosure log Equality and diversity Dog fouling Dogs Domestic violence Historic Drainage records Storm drain Online library resources EELCA eBooks Eco-Schools Essential Trends Edinburgh by Numbers Edinburgh Choices Edinburgh Guarantee Edinburgh public spaces Edinburgh Street Design Edinburgh Urban Design Panel Education Student maintenance Elderly - care and support Elections Electoral register Emergencies Unemployment Language and cultural support in schools Entertainment licences Sustainable Edinburgh 2020 Environmental Education Environmental health Environmental Information Request Sustainable development Trace your family tree Find a nursery Flooding Fly posting Illegal disposal of waste Freedom of information Food analysis Register a food business Fostering Free school meals Volunteers in parks Learn Gaelic in schools Gaelic Plan and consultation Garden aid Garden waste Graffiti Grants and funding opportunities Salt bins problems High hedges HIV / AIDS advice and support Houses in multiple occupation Incontinence Meals on wheels home school Roof insulation Homelessness Hospital - help after leaving Swap your home Household waste Housing benefit Overpayments - Housing Benefit Tenants Contents Insurance Staying active Landlord registration Landscape Support for adults with learning disabilities Support for children with learning disabilities Learning opportunities Libraries Library membership Permits and licences Litter Local economy reports and forecasts Local plan Logo Lord Provost Marriage legal requirements Wedding venues in Edinburgh Paying for social care Mental health military Missed bin collection Modern Apprenticeships MSPs, MPs and MEPs Museums and art galleries Protected places and species Neighbourhood offices Neighbourhood Partnerships Neighbours Noise Noisy neighbours School placing request Nurseries Older people - care and support Online Services Parents Park and Ride schemes Parking Residents' parking permits Parking ticket challenges Parking tickets/fines Parking zones Parks and green spaces Release from prison Partnerships Stag and hen - noise Pay it Photography and filming - permission Permitted development - planning Rodents Petitions Physical disabilities Planning and Building Standards online services Planning applications - view, comment on/object to or submit Planning applications validation guidance and fees Planning blog Planning decisions and applications received Planning enforcement - report a possible breach in planning controls Planning permission and guidance Planning quick guides Swings and slides Playgroups Portobello Town Hall Potholes Primary schools Privacy notice Private fostering Shared Repairs Service PSL Probation orders Property conservation Property enquiry certificates Vulnerable adults Public holidays Toilets Publication scheme Transferring educational data about pupils Recycling boxes and bins - order online Regeneration Register a birth Register a death Voting Renew your library books Rent Report it Request an assisted bin collection Request it Reserve your library books Reservoirs Residential care Short breaks for carers and those they care for Respite care – learning disabilities Respite care-physical disabilities Road signs Travel disruption and roadworks Roadworks penalty notices Subject Access Request Scams and doorstep crime Secondary school places School meals School closures Term dates Scientific Services Secondary schools Self-directed Support Visual impairment Severe weather Sheltered and supported living Skip permits Social care Social Care Direct Social housing in Edinburgh Social work Special schools Special uplift Special uplifts Stair cleaning Stair lighting problem Standing orders (Council) Statutory notices Statutory Performance Indicators Strategic development plan Street light problem Student Council Tax Discount / Exemption Suspensions and dispensations Sustainable food Tables and Chairs Permit Taxicard Temporary Accommodation Tenant participation Travelling to Edinburgh Trading standards Traffic Orders Traffic signals Trams Translating (languages) Woodlands Twin and Partner Cities Underage sales Usher Hall Vehicle testing centre Venues Veterans Volunteering - general information Ward boundaries Water analysis Weed control Welfare rights advice WiFi Wildlife Work experience placements Young carers Young Scot Youth clubs